HOME         ABOUT ME         CONTACT         REVIEW POLICY         LIBRARY         RATINGS GUIDE         LINKS

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Thingers (Meme...what's a meme???)

Today's Tuesday Thingers question was instructional for me. Marie at Boston Bibliophile asks "What other weekly memes or round robins do you participate in? Is this the only one? Why Tuesday Thingers and not some other weekly Tuesday meme? Or do you do more than one?"

So far pretty much only Tuesday Thingers. I'm still new at the blogging and until a couple of weeks ago had never heard of memes. I'll admit that until today, I didn't know it was called a meme! And that there were lots of other ones! (Painfully new noob here) I've started something last week "Friday Floss", but I didn't realize that bloggers got so much of their nifty links from other sources. All this time I thought I had to come up with one on my own. The Daily Meme is soooo much simpler! Nevertheless, I'm going to keep up doing Friday Floss, and if anyone would like to join me, feel free to grab the link, (but I'd appreciate it if you'd link to me also!) I did Tuesday Thingers simply because I found out about it Library Thing. But I've enjoyed reading everyone else's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't started with any memes, but I am thinking of picking up Tuesday Thingers. Explain Friday Floss to me.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Being a noobie myself I have found weekly memes really help me with getting the knack of blogging and also having a specific topic to blog about really helps.

Kathleen Gilligan said...

I never even heard of the Daily Meme until today :) I'll have to check it out!

Amy said...

Memes can really help build your traffic. But, I would suggest not feeling like you have to commit to doing them all the time.

I participate in a bunch on my personal blog but only when I feel like it or was already going to write a post on a similar theme.

If you flat out can't think of any content, then they're a good way to jumpstart your thinking!

(btw, I just finished the Killing Circle...what did you think?)

Anonymous said...

Please throw my name in the hat for this title! Thanks!

PlanetBooksWorldWide(at)gmail.com

~Karen